CSC Menu: Clear Sky Charts in your menu bar
CSC Menu brings your favorite Clear Sky Chart to your
Mac OS X desktop.
Clear Sky Charts
are an invaluable tool for astronomy, forecasting your local
cloud cover in the next 48 hours. CSC Menu displays a Clear
Sky Chart of your choice in the menu bar, updated automatically.
CSC Menu.zip (110 KB)
New in version 1.3: fixes a possible crash if cleardarksky.com
is inaccessible for more than two hours.
- Mac OS X. CSC
Menu supports Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and later on
Intel-based Macs. A PowerPC version is included but untested.
- Copy CSC Menu to your Applications folder.
- Double-click CSC Menu. The Clear Sky Chart for a default
location appears in your menu bar.
- To show the chart for your favorite astronomical locale, click
on the chart in the menu bar and choose Change Location.
- To open CSC Menu automatically when you start your Mac, click on
the chart in the menu bar and choose Open at Login.
- To visit the Clear Sky Chart website, click on the chart in the
menu bar and choose the chart name or Clear Sky Charts.
- To quit CSC Menu, click on the chart in the menu bar and choose
Quit. (If Open at Login is set, CSC Menu will automatically open
again when you restart your Mac.)
CSC Menu is copyright © 2010 Greg Parker. All
rights reserved. CSC Menu may be freely distributed,
but it may not be modified or sold.
Clear Sky Charts are
brought to you by Attilla Danko, Allan Rahill, and the Canadian